Do you ever get so behind in blogging that you feel like it's hopeless to try and go back and make up for lost time? Not that we're great bloggers to begin with, but our neglect for this blog has certainly gotten a little out of hand. So, without further ado, here is a quick update for the last couple of months:
- During June we spent some time in Washington with Erin's family and got to see her brother come home from his mission. We had all 7 of the siblings with their spouses and children together for an eventful couple of days.
- We made the journey to the great city of Kansas City where we will call home for a whole year.
- We got settled into our new home just in time to welcome the severest drought and hottest summer Missouri has seen in a while. Thanks to our AC, a couple big buckets we frequently filled with water, and making a quick friend with a pool, we survived the worst of it.
- Dave started his residency program, which he absolutely LOOOOOOVES. It's a demanding program, but definitely well worth the work he puts into it.
- We found out that our third baby will be another boy. We have yet to come up with a single name that we both agree would be tolerable. Boy names are so horrid! Hopefully we will come up with something before December when he is due.
- We have had fun exploring the Kansas City area and all the attractions it has to offer. From Crown Center and Union Station to the Deanna Rose petting farm to the zoo to nearby lakes and conservation areas and apple farms to the art museum there has been plenty to keep us entertained, even with our limited budget. And we love living just 30 minutes from a brand new temple.
- Grandma and Grandpa Glabe have been able to make the short journey to visit a handful of times, which has been a real treat for the kids (and for us when we get free babysitting and the occasional date!). On one such visit they brought a trampoline, which has been the source of countless hours of entertainment in our backyard.
- On August 10th we celebrated our 6 year anniversary and still agree getting married was the best decision we ever made.
|Hiking in Washington|
|Two handsome guys all ready for church|
|Packaging popcorn = hours of entertainment + hours of cleaning up|
|Aly's first time fishing|
|Fun at the petting zoo with Grandma and Grandpa Glabe|
|Nothing like s'mores on your back porch on a hot summer night|